With some families now self-isolating, we have created this guidance to support you with helping your child with their learning at home. As a daily routine, we would suggest:
EYFS and KS1
- 10-15 minutes daily reading, followed by a discussion about what they have read and to check understanding.
- 10-15 practising number bonds to 10 or 20 (7+3= 10, 8+2=10)
- 10-15 minutes phonics, recognising and practising sounds. Flashcards can be downloaded and printed from the Phonicsplay or Letters and Sounds websites.
- 10 minutes Year 2 spelling practise (You could register with Spelling Shed for games)
- 20-30 minutes maths (Mathletics)
- 20-30 minutes writing activity such as writing a diary; a letter to a friend; information about their topic.
- Research with your child their current topic, make a creative scrapbook, painting or model.
- 20-30 minutes daily reading, followed by a discussion and comprehension questions about what they have read and to check understanding.
- 20 minutes times table and division practise, including Mathletics and/ or Times Tables Rockstars.
- 10 minutes spelling practise (You could register with Spelling Shed for games)
- 40 minutes maths looking at the four main operations (+- x /)
- 1 hour writing activity such as writing a diary, story, a letter to a friend or an information text about their topic.
- Research with your child their current topic, make a creative scrapbook, Powerpoint, painting or model.
Please continue to use Mathletics and Times Table Rockstars as well as regularly reading and recording in Reading Records. Teachers have made sure that there are more activities on these available for the children to access.