We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which will enable each child to develop personally, socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically, creatively and intellectually to his/her full potential. Each child is valued as an individual and teaching and learning is based on the understanding that children develop at different rates.
Specifically we aim to:
- Plan carefully structured activities and experiences from which children will develop their learning and build upon prior knowledge
- Provide a well-planned and resourced curriculum encompassing the seven areas of learning as specified by the Curriculum Guidance for Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Provide planning opportunities for children to experience the ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’ as stated in the Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) (you can find this linked at the right hand side)
- Assess achievement and progress ongoing throughout the year
- Monitor each child’s progress, celebrate their achievements, address any areas of difficulty and provide all children with appropriate challenge
- Provide opportunities for all children to succeed in an atmosphere of care where they feel valued
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and pre-school settings
- Allow for opportunities for child initiated learning
- Provide specific provision for children with S.E.N.
For early reading and phonics we follow Little Wandle, please click the link on the right-hand side for some information on this or the grapheme aids below.
We have 6 half term topics, however these may change due to children's interest.